From the Edo(1603- 1867) era to the period of Meiji/Taisho/early Showa(1926-1989) era, the Chirimen (Silk Crape)street of Kaya had row of modernized houses along a city street district through crape industry; not only the production center of the Tango crape, but also prospered as a foothold of the distribution to link Kyoto to Tango. The Bitos of Kaya acted as village officials since the Edo era and ran a raw silk crape wholesale dealer from generation to generation. The current old Bito house is located in the center of the course, and was completed in June, the first year of Keio (1865). Later the house was enlarged with a storehouse and rooms in Meiji Taisho period and 11th Shozo Bito who acted as the Kaya town mayor built the rare western-style building as a detached room in 1993. The old Bito house, the oriental and western style building was specified as Kyoto cultural asset.